How many SQL Server client access licenses are required?

MadCap Pulse is the only documentation-centric social collaboration platform that enables technical authors to create a complete social layer around their documentation in order to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with authors, employees and customers.
keuler
Propeller Head

How many SQL Server client access licenses are required?

Post by keuler »

Hi.

Could someone advise:

> How many SQL Server client access licenses (CALS) are required for a pulse installation? My IT guy says they're likely required.
> If Pulse will work with SQL Server 2014? (Requirements mention SQL Server 2012, nothing later.)

Thanks!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How many SQL Server client access licenses are required?

Post by RamonS »

My assumption is that one login to SQL Server will be fine. I am also convinced that 2014 is fine to use, the differences between version are most likely irrelevant to Pulse. I work with several applications and we didn't have to change anything going from 2012 to 2014.
keuler
Propeller Head

Post by keuler »

Thanks Ramon. I guess you mean that one CAL should be all that's needed. (I have a guy at Madcap making some technical queries to be sure.)
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Yes, one ought to be plenty.
Would be nice if Pulse would work on less expensive stacks. With Apache and MySQL/PostGres/MariaDB these questions would not even come up.
Come to think, you might want to consider SQL Express as well. Confirm with MadCap if that is enough. It will save you a bunch on licensing.