Temporary project testing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

Temporary project testing

Post by Nina »

Hi,

I have created a MadCap Flare project that I want to test before publishing online. My query is which folder does one publish in a real-time scenario? Please tell me if I need to share more details.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Temporary project testing

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

When you publish using Flare's Publish, it takes the required files from the Output folder and puts them into your Publish folder.

If you want to do a test, create a "dummy" publish folder, say C:\TEST, and create a destination in your project of C:\TEST, then select for your targets to publish to that location. You can then check whatever you get in C:\TEST to see if it's what you were expecting.

Hope that helps.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina »

Thank you, that suggestion worked perfectly. :)
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

An even better test is to have Flare publish the output to a local web server and then access help through that. Best is a full test system that is a clone of a production system.
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina »

Hi RamonS,

I am actually using WAMP to test the my project output and had copied the output folder (MadCap Flare) to www folder (WAMP). I had posted this query to learn which folder is actually published in a real-time scenario to a website? Thanks for your inputs.