Images don't resize incrementally when resizing window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
cmoore66
Propeller Head

Images don't resize incrementally when resizing window

Post by cmoore66 »

Hi All,
I'm using Tripane (yes, still) in Flare V12. Someone pointed out to me that when they resize our online help window (after using "Restore Down" as per Windows mouse-over - as opposed to "Maximize" window) the images in the documentation stay the same size while the text gradually adjusts to the new size of the window, until the screen reaches a certain size, after which the size of the images abruptly shrink to approximately half their size. At that point they appear more like thumbnails. This is HTML5 output.
Does anyone know a way to make the images scale down in size incrementally as the screen gets smaller, so that the proportions stay somewhat consistent inside the window? In other words, if I dragged the edge of the window and shrunk it to 75% of its size on the screen, I would hope that the images shrink in size proportionally to become approximately 75% of their original size.
Thanks for any suggestions.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Images don't resize incrementally when resizing window

Post by doc_guy »

In css you would set a min-width, a max-width and a width.

For example:

Code: Select all

img {
     width:100%;
     max-width: 600px;
     min-width: 100px;

}
You'd need to play around with the numbers, but that would get you started in the right direction.

Likely you'll want to do this to a class of image, so that other images in your system don't get the same treatment (like the arrow icons when you have drop-down text, etc.)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog