Skins and Fonts and Cross-OS compability - SOLVED

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Skins and Fonts and Cross-OS compability - SOLVED

Postby bunnycat on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm

I'm having a challenge with Tripane/ TopNav HTML5 skins and cross-platform compatibility.

Our skins are normally defined to use Calibri, which is a Windows default font.
Some percentage of our customers use Macs, which of course, don't have Calibri. Because it can't use Calibri, it defaults to Times New Roman and looks terrible.

I've tried several times to add a list of font families into the skins like I do in the CSS, but it doesn't seem to work.

font-family: Calibri, Arial, san-serif;

Should I just tackle this in the CSS instead? Will !important override the Tripane skin tree node div code correctly?
Last edited by bunnycat on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Re: Skins and Fonts and Cross-OS compability

Postby simona on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

Yes, I think this is done via the CSS. I'm trying to do something similar right now and stumbled over this: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/201 ... e-outputs/

It's not yet working on my end, but maybe it helps you ;-)
Flare 2018, Lingo 10.1, Capture 7
Win10 w/Parallels on iMac
simona
Propeller Head

Re: Skins and Fonts and Cross-OS compability - SOLVED

Postby bunnycat on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 am

Weird, it was actually easier than I thought it was. In the Skin editor, I just added the list of fonts, separated by commas into the various fields. I honestly don't know why it hadn't worked earlier. 8)

The hidden gotcha was any master pages that had special in-line font adjustments. Had to adjust those on their own to make the whole thing look nice in Mac/Chrome.
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Return to Web-based Outputs