Publish failed: Cannot open data connection. (code=425)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
pdenchfield
Propellus Maximus

Publish failed: Cannot open data connection. (code=425)

Post by pdenchfield »

Hi, after updating to 2017r3, publishing updates results in "forever spinning searches." The advice from support is to delete all existing published files on our server (these were built and published pre-2017r3) and then publish again. BUT I keep getting this "Compile Status" error when I publish.

Publish failed: Cannot open data connection.
(ID 140006)

After six failed publish attempts, I manually uploaded files using Filezilla.

UPDATE: I did a "project reset" by deleting the Analyzer and Output folders and the Project/Users folder and retried. No change.

Can anyone tell me what this "Compile Status" error means, and how I can avoid it?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Publish failed: Cannot open data connection. (code=425)

Post by NorthEast »

At a guess, the "Cannot open data connection. (code=425)" on publish sounds like it might be your destination settings. Have you checked that your FTP details are correct in the destination?

Is this not a duplicate of this post? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29785
pdenchfield
Propellus Maximus

Post by pdenchfield »

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. We've had this issue with several Flare projects and destination settings in those projects have not changed. The only thing that changed was moving from 2017 R1 to 2017 R3 of Flare. I am in conversations with support. Best, Pamela (p.s. Although associated with the linked post, the 425 code error is not the same issue.)
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

Pamela, did you ever get a resolution for this error? Coincidentally after an update, I can't publish, failing with 140006: Could not find a part of the path.
I have permissions for the directories, checked this, and tried destinations out in a dummy project.

In addition, Flare does not see all the mapped directories on my computer, and throws in one that doesn't exist. So I map my destinations and my external resources by copying and pasting the actual relative file paths to map both destinations, and external resources. Today, I could map and synch a file in an external resource but could not publish to it.

Linda
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

After the latest 2018 update, Flare perceived the mapped directories differently. What had worked before didn't work now. Also, Flare doesn't allow me to map to directories that aren't local. I kept typing in different variations of the directories and finally got one that worked.

originally I was publishing to a folder on a network server by typing into the destination:

E:\Manuals\folder\folder (I got this from copying and pasting the path in the windows browser into the destination field.)

After the lastest update, this didn't work and Flare still didn't see my mapped directories in the drop down in Destinations.

This works:

<name of server>\folder\Manuals\folder\folder (with no reference to the mapped directory, E:, on my computer)

Until the next update...
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Post by bunnycat »

Seeing this error intermittently on a FTP publishing destination that has always been stable in the past.
Weirdly it happens for one user, but not another. My colleague gets the error, I do not on the same project. A Flare reset of deleting the local Analyzer and user outputs directory has no effect.
A bounce of the destination server has no effect (i had hoped the server was just in a funky state and needed a reboot to behave).

Seems to always poop out uploading a specific SearchStem_chunk.js file.
Uploading Data/SearchStem_Chunk180.js... Cannot open data connection. (code=425)
Publish failed: Cannot open data connection. (code=425)...

Anybody get any definitive answers on this?