How to Display TOC with H2 levels expanded

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Toko
Propeller Head

How to Display TOC with H2 levels expanded

Post by Toko »

In the left pane of the Web output is the TOC. Currently, it is collapsed and only H1 level TOC items are displayed.
By deafult, I want H2 to also be displayed so that at a glance, the reader can see all H2 titles under each H1 level.....
ArdisRamey
Propeller Head

Re: How to Display TOC with H2 levels expanded

Post by ArdisRamey »

Depending on how you have created your side menu, this may be simple (or very difficult).

If you're using a Menu Proxy to create your left pane TOC, then there's a configuration setting called Context Sensitive that, if turned off, should allow you to accomplish what you want.

If you're using the side pane TOC from the Side Nav skin, however, I don't believe there's any simple way to accomplish this.

Good luck!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to Display TOC with H2 levels expanded

Post by NorthEast »

I think you need to include much more detail.

H1 and H2 are the tags are used inside topics - you don't have H1s and H2s in a TOC (you have links to topics), so I'm not sure what you mean by H1 level and H2 level TOC items.
Do you want the H2 headings inside a topic to be displayed in the TOC?
Or are you talking about showing more levels of child topics in your TOC?

Also, as Ardis mentioned, you need to say what your side menu is - are you using a menu proxy (Top Nav skin), the side nav skin, or the Tripane skin?