Flare 9 HTML5 and TocPath in page links

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Re: Flare 9 HTML5 and TocPath in page links

Postby kate_ivolve on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:49 pm

bgilliland wrote:For Flare 2018 r2:

File located here:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare 14\Flare.app\Resources\WebHelp2\Desktop\Scripts\MadCapAll.js

Find this:
if(MadCap.Utilities.HasRuntimeFileType("TriPane")){Q+=encodeURIComponent("?"+Y+"Path="+X)}else{var R=new MadCap.Utilities.Url(Q);if(S){Q=R.PlainPath+encodeURIComponent("?"+Y+"Path="+X)+R.Fragment}else{Q=R.PlainPath+"?"+(Y+"Path="+X)+R.Fragment}}

Change it to this:
/*if(MadCap.Utilities.HasRuntimeFileType("TriPane")){Q+=encodeURIComponent("?"+Y+"Path="+X)}else{var R=new MadCap.Utilities.Url(Q);if(S){Q=R.PlainPath+encodeURIComponent("?"+Y+"Path="+X)+R.Fragment}else{Q=R.PlainPath+"?"+(Y+"Path="+X)+R.Fragment}}*/

Does this still work for you? I'm still getting the long URLs, eg:
https://ivolve.sharepoint.com/sites/Doc ... anner/Load Planner.aspx%3FTocPath%3DiVolve%2520Mine4D%2520Load%2520Planner%7C_____0
kate_ivolve
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby bgilliland on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 am

Yes - still works. Just ran it last night and still works fine. Note that my last find/replace post was specifically for 2018 r2. Make sure you've found the right MadCapAll.js file.
bgilliland
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby kate_ivolve on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Any idea why this wouldn't work for me? Have double and triple checked the version, location, filename, and replacement text.
kate_ivolve
Jr. Propeller Head

Previous

Return to Web-based Outputs