How to change expander icon in top nav menu

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

How to change expander icon in top nav menu

Postby aevansb on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 pm

I'd like to change the expander icon (not sure the official term) in the top nav menu, but I can't figure out where to do it. Does anyone know?

expander_icon.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adam Evans in Chicago
Sr Technical Documentation Manager at Strata Decision Technology
aevansb
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to change expander icon in top nav menu

Postby DaveMags on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 pm

I don't see where you can set this in the skin file, but you can do it with CSS. Add this to your main CSS file:

Code: Select all
ul.navigation ul > li.has-children > a::after
{
    content: somethinghere;
}

Then, you're going to replace somethinghere with whatever you want to appear in that spot. You have a couple of options at this point. I assume you probably want another icon, so If you have an image you want to use, you can reference it like this:

content: url('../Images/somefolder/anotherolder/imagefiename.png');

You can also use an icon code (I do this in my top nav site on these menus). Check out https://brajeshwar.github.io/entities/ for a good list of options for that icon. On that site, you'll want to use the code in the CSS (ISO) column. In that case, you'll place that icon code in quotes in that content style, like this for example:

content: "\25b6";

You can also then add font-size, color, etc. styles to that same element to style the icon. \25b6 in my example is a solid right-pointing triangle, and comes out looking like this:

menuicon.png

Hope this helps :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: How to change expander icon in top nav menu

Postby aevansb on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks so much! It worked! Very helpful.
Adam Evans in Chicago
Sr Technical Documentation Manager at Strata Decision Technology
aevansb
Jr. Propeller Head

Return to Web-based Outputs