TOC elements linking to topic content sections

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Heinz_V
Jr. Propeller Head

TOC elements linking to topic content sections

Post by Heinz_V »

Hi,
We would like to import Word documents, create a topic per file but get a TOC that contains elements for each Word heading H1 and H2.

We want to see the complete content of the Word file when clicking on a TOC link and therefore we cannot split the Word file into several topics. On the other hand, we want to have a sub-level navigation in the left side TOC which lists all H1 and H2 headings of the topic as links to anchors in the topic.

We are new to Flare and I haven't yet found any setting within a TOC element that creates a TOC structure from the content of a topic.

Is there a way to achieve this without manually creating TOC items and manually link them to anchor in the topic?

Thanks!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC elements linking to topic content sections

Post by Psider »

I think what you want is the Compute sub-entries from linked file setting.

You do it for one file by opening the Properties dialog box for a toc entry and go the Auto-generate tab. Experiment with the settings there. I also think you can select everything in the toc and apply the setting to all toc entries at once, if you already have the toc set up.
Heinz_V
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC elements linking to topic content sections

Post by Heinz_V »

Thank you for pointing out that function! Exactly what I was looking for and works like a charm.