MadCapAll.js Error: Object doesn't support property...

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jmcgill
Propeller Head

MadCapAll.js Error: Object doesn't support property...

Post by jmcgill »

I am using Madcap Flare 2021 r2 to generate HTML5 output for in-application, context-sensitive help. When the online help is accessed from within the application and a user selects a link within the help topic, a script error appears: Object doesn't support property or method 'startsWith'

The error stems from line 162, char 6833 of MadCapAll.js. It appears that the code is related to the eLearning js, although I am not using the eLearning functionality in my help output.

To correct the issue, I replaced the MadCapAll.js created from Madcap Flare 2021 r2 with a MadCapAll.js file from earlier this year created with Madcap Flare 2021 r1.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If yes, is there a more permanent fix than replacing the MadCapAll.js file in the output?

Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: MadCapAll.js Error: Object doesn't support property...

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry that I don't have a workaround. This sounds like a bug, and I suggest you report it to MadCap.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
debdebtig
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by debdebtig »

jmcgill wrote:I am using Madcap Flare 2021 r2 to generate HTML5 output for in-application, context-sensitive help. When the online help is accessed from within the application and a user selects a link within the help topic, a script error appears: Object doesn't support property or method 'startsWith'

The error stems from line 162, char 6833 of MadCapAll.js. It appears that the code is related to the eLearning js, although I am not using the eLearning functionality in my help output.

To correct the issue, I replaced the MadCapAll.js created from Madcap Flare 2021 r2 with a MadCapAll.js file from earlier this year created with Madcap Flare 2021 r1.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If yes, is there a more permanent fix than replacing the MadCapAll.js file in the output?

Thanks!
I just ran into this same error with 2021r3 where we hadn't run into it previously, that I know of. I'm wondering if you did report it to MadCap.

Thanks,
Deb
:flare: 2022r2 :capture: v7
jmcgill
Propeller Head

Post by jmcgill »

Yes, I did report it. In the meantime, I have a good/older MadCapAll.js saved in Content\Resources\Scripts\ and the following script in the Post Build-Event for my HTML5 target:

del "$(OutputDirectory)\Resources\Scripts\MadCapAll.js"
copy "$(ProjectDirectory)\Content\Resources\Scripts\MadCapAll.js" "$(OutputDirectory)\Resources\Scripts"