How to format Tips and Notes

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Dennetti
Propeller Head

How to format Tips and Notes

Post by Dennetti »

I am thinking of ways to improve the style of Tips and Notes that are used in the HTML5 output. I would like to achieve something like the following, if possible, which appears to use coloured tables with rounded corners. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to format Tips and Notes

Post by Nita Beck »

You might find some inspiration in this MadBlog article: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/css ... ples-tips/

I personally would use a div for a notification (note, caution, warning). That way, I can have any number of other tags nested within it. I would not use a table for notifications, at least not if I were going to be generating online output. I'm not sure a table used for a notification would be accessibility compliant (but then, I'm an accessibility newbie so am still learning myself).
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Dennetti
Propeller Head

Post by Dennetti »

Thanks very much for the reply, I will check this out.
Dennetti
Propeller Head

Post by Dennetti »

I found this site really useful, thanks. It explains exactly what I wanted to achieve.