Different location of Toc.js and Chunk0.js files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
tatsianamts
Jr. Propeller Head

Different location of Toc.js and Chunk0.js files

Post by tatsianamts »

Hello
Could you please help me to detect why Toc.js and Chunk0.js files may have different locations?
I have multiple builds and in deployed Guides I see:
1) User -> <project> -> Data folder -> Toc.js and Toc_Chunk0.js files are located here
2) User -> <project> -> Data folder -> Tocs folder -> <project_specific_name>.js and project_specific_name>_Chunk0.js

So from time to time I see additional Tocs folder with files, sometimes not.
Is it possible to know for sure Chunk0.js file location? If yes, how?
Thanks in advance.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Different location of Toc.js and Chunk0.js files

Post by NorthEast »

In the majority of my project outputs, the TOC files look like (2).
I only see the TOC files like (1) in some very old outputs that were last generated around using 2014, using a much older version of Flare.
So it could be the Flare version.

Why does it matter anyway though?
The output files can vary a lot, so you have to be able to handle that. The names and number of files can vary according to your project content, your target settings, and between Flare versions.
tatsianamts
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Different location of Toc.js and Chunk0.js files

Post by tatsianamts »

In our project chunk0 is used to find possible topics I guide and create a search based on items from chunk0 file. Seeing that the location of the file may be different, the search no longer works when file is located in not expected place. We use madcap flare 12 as far as I can see.