Hide and Seek Button in new Flare Version

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Hide and Seek Button in new Flare Version

Post by Matze »

Hi all,
I´m changing from Flare 2017 to the new 2021 R3 version.

Looking in my HTML output I see that the hide and seek button looks different to my old outputs.
HideAndSeek.JPG
I cannot change the background and border style with the standard madcap skin editor but I´ve a good idea :madcap:

I guess the style is defined in the styless.css on

C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare 17\Flare.app\Resources\WebHelp2\Desktop\Skins\Default\Stylesheets

I guess I´ve to change something in the

Code: Select all

#show-hide-navigation 
settings, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Hide and Seek Button in new Flare Version

Post by Matze »

has anyone an idea at which position in the default styles.css I can change the gray border color and the position of the whole button?
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

I don't know the position in the default styles.css where you can change the values, but I would recommend not trying to make changes directly to styles.css anyway.

When I need to override something in styles.css, I simply include the selector in my topic css file. The topic css is "closer" to the content so it takes precedence over the default styles.css. For example, if styles.css says that h1 is 14px tall and my topic css says that h1 is 24px tall then the h1 content will be 24px.

I hope that helps at least a little,
-jeff
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Matze »

I had figured out that it works fine when putting some attributes in the styles.csss at show-hide-navigation,
like the background-color, the border-color and the border-size.

Works fine :lol:

But you´re right, safety copy from the file is a good idea....