Search bar displays both in Search Results and HTML5 Skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
susanalipour
Jr. Propeller Head

Search bar displays both in Search Results and HTML5 Skin

Post by susanalipour »

I am creating HTML5 Web output. From my search results, the search bar displays at the top. However, I only want it to display in the top right of the header based on the skin. Where is this option to turn the Search bar off in the Search results page? I do not have a Search bar proxy in my Web page layout. At one point, I had a Search page layout, but I deleted it. Not sure why it is still appearing.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Search bar displays both in Search Results and HTML5 Ski

Post by NorthEast »

susanalipour wrote:At one point, I had a Search page layout, but I deleted it. Not sure why it is still appearing.
When you say it's "still appearing", do you mean this extra search bar is coming from a search results topic that you've previously created?

If so, you need to make sure that you delete the topic that contained the search results proxy.
If your project contains any topic with a search results proxy, Flare will automatically use that to display your search results - you can't turn this off anywhere, so you need to delete any search results proxy that's in your project.

You can't switch it off by deleting the component skin for the search results (or search bar), or setting the target's "Search Results" skin to (default).
susanalipour
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Search bar displays both in Search Results and HTML5 Ski

Post by susanalipour »

Thank you! That worked! I still had the Search Results topic with the Search bar included. Glad to know that the topic file had to be deleted.