Microcontent proxies and Metatags

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Martin Krimmel
Jr. Propeller Head

Microcontent proxies and Metatags

Post by Martin Krimmel »

Hi, y'all,
I am a newbie to MCF and content management systems as we have just started to plan a new knowledge base. This is just to prememptively apologise, if I am missing the obvious here. :wink:

I am having a problem finding out why my understanding of the new MCF 2022 knowledge proxys do not show the expected microcontent.

In my understanding, this feature is supposed to display content related to the displayed topic based on the values of metatags (controllable) or a search (less controllable).

Accordingly, I added a knowledge proxy under my topic content and set it to display content from any microcontent file based on the value of a metatag called "Subcategory DQ". I assigned the same value (e.g. "SEARCH" to several bits of microcontent and to the topic in which the proxy was added. I now expected to see the respective microcontent displayed in my HTML 5 output.
However, the proxy is not displayed as if no related content existed.

If I try the same with a static text, it seems to work but this is not what I expect the proxy to do since I want to add it to the master page later on.

Can anyone tell me, what I am missing here, please?
Is there another way to display content/topics related to the currently displayed topic based on metatags or something like this?

I'd appreciate any hints pushing me in the right direction.

Thakns in advance
Martin
moshe
Propeller Head

Re: Microcontent proxies and Metatags

Post by moshe »

During some testing of the microcontent functionality, we were also initially confused that the proxy was not displaying the content based upon metatag values, but static microcontent text was indeed being displayed. Then we realized that the Target that we were using was marked [HTML Target > Advanced > Content to include: ] "Content linked directly from the TOC" which excluded the microcontent from the build. When that was switched to "Content linked directly or indirectly from the target", the microcontent based on metatag values was also displayed.
Maybe this was the source of your problem?
Moshe Davis
Jerusalem, Israel