Unnecessary vertical scrollbar on HTML5 Help topics

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mdgates
Propeller Head

Unnecessary vertical scrollbar on HTML5 Help topics

Post by mdgates »

Hello,

I understand why there would be a vertical scroll bar for topics when the content won't all fit on the screen. But my Help system has an unnecessary vertical scrollbar on all my HTML5 Help topics, even short ones.

The extra vertical scroll bar also adds unwanted white space above the header.
Scroll.png
Any suggestions on eliminating this vertical scroll bar?

Thanks,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Unnecessary vertical scrollbar on HTML5 Help topics

Post by NorthEast »

Assuming that the help looked ok at some point, then check whatever you last changed before you saw this issue - maybe skin settings, CSS?

Also, it'd help to know what skin you're using - Side Nav or Top Nav, and if Top Nav whether or not the skin is set to use a Fixed header (non-scrolling).

If it's Side Nav, or Top Nav with a Fixed Header, then I would not expect a scroll bar to appear to the right of the header, since the scroll bar for the topic area would appear underneath the header.
The scroll bar on the right would suggest there's an unexpected vertical overflow on the body area or header, maybe something like a margin-top being set on the body tag.
Anyway, you'd need to use browser tools (F12) to inspect the HTML and CSS to see what is happening.
mdgates
Propeller Head

Re: Unnecessary vertical scrollbar on HTML5 Help topics

Post by mdgates »

Thanks Dave.

My TOC is on the left side, so it's a Side Nav skin, I believe. In the Skin Editor, the Fixed Header is set to All. I tried the other option, Web, but didn't see any difference in the output.

Good idea to check the code.