Change font color for Favorites accordion menu?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Change font color for Favorites accordion menu?

Post by jbkalla »

I'm trying to find a way to change the font color for the accordion Favorites menu. I'm using the Sleek skin, which adds a dark background color to the left pane. Favorites show up as black text. How do I change this? I'm guessing it's not possible, since the skin didn't modify it to start with.
Same issue with probably Search, Glossary (dark blue link text), and others...
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Change font color for Favorites accordion menu?

Post by kwag_myers »

This is why I don't use some of these skins. I like them, but there's little control in some areas of the skin. I'd like to find the answer to this so that I can use these skins in the future.

I see where you can change the labels in the Skin Editor: Control > SearchFavoritesLabel and TopicFavoritesLabel. But I haven't found where to set the entries. Strange that there would be an IndexEntry and TocEntry, but no FavoritesEntry. I'm working on a work-around to edit what ever writes the Stylesheet.xml.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
MarinaMichaels
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MarinaMichaels »

If I am understanding what you are trying to do, I think the property you are looking for is in your skin on the Styles tab. Look for AccordionItem > Favorites, then under Properties (in the box to the right), look for Font > Color. That changes the color of the text on the Favorites accordion item. Though if you want all the accordion items to have the same text color, then try AccordionItem > Properties > Font >Color; that will set the text color for all the accordion item labels.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

That setting is for the Accordion Label (note the red label in the attached image). What we, or at least I am trying to do is change the topic titles within the Favorites Accordion so the font is white (like the TOC topics) instead of black. Again, referring to the attached image, I've changed the font color for Favorite Searches and Favorite Topics, but the setting for the actual searches and topic titles are still black. Of the four AccordionItems I have in this image, Favorites is the only one where the text is black.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Post by jbkalla »

kwag_myers wrote:That setting is for the Accordion Label (note the red label in the attached image). What we, or at least I am trying to do is change the topic titles within the Favorites Accordion so the font is white (like the TOC topics) instead of black. Again, referring to the attached image, I've changed the font color for Favorite Searches and Favorite Topics, but the setting for the actual searches and topic titles are still black. Of the four AccordionItems I have in this image, Favorites is the only one where the text is black.
Thanks, kwag_myers! That's what I'm trying to do, also. I have a feeling there's no easy way to do this at this time, though I'm not sure why the setting would have been left out. Maybe version 9..?
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

Well, I spent a good part of yesterday on this and the best result I came up with was to change the Frame > BackgroundColor property of the Frame > AccordionFavorites style to #a9a9a9.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me why editing the skin in a text editor doesn't work, i.e., why can I add a FavoritesEntry style and property manually but it doesn't show in the GUI? Or why there's an Entry style for TOC, Index, and Search Results, but none for Favorites?
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Post by jbkalla »

kwag_myers wrote:Well, I spent a good part of yesterday on this and the best result I came up with was to change the Frame > BackgroundColor property of the Frame > AccordionFavorites style to #a9a9a9...
Thanks! I'll try that.
MarinaMichaels
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MarinaMichaels »

Thanks for the clarification. I was trying to make the favorites icon be something different, and just found out that it just isn't possible. I don't understand why, though; I'm submitting a feature request.

Edit: I realize this isn't clear. What I meant by this is that I, too, was seeking to customize something in that panel, and found that it just isn't possible. I submitted a feature request at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx.
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Post by jbkalla »

MarinaMichaels wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I was trying to make the favorites icon be something different, and just found out that it just isn't possible. I don't understand why, though; I'm submitting a feature request.

Edit: I realize this isn't clear. What I meant by this is that I, too, was seeking to customize something in that panel, and found that it just isn't possible. I submitted a feature request at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx.
Thanks, Marina! I eagerly await the version that has more customization for those of us that can't use HTML5.