Mark of the Web and PDFs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
JenShumate
Propeller Head

Mark of the Web and PDFs

Post by JenShumate »

Is there a workaround for linking PDFs when Mark of the Web is enabled? I have a PDF file that I want to link to, but the link doesn't work because Mark of the Web is enabled. I don't want the security warning to pop-up every time the users open the help, so I'd rather not disable Mark of the Web. Some basic info:
  • Flare 11, IE 11
    HTML5 output (not top nav, don't know if that matters)
    The PDF that I'm linking to is inside the Flare project
    The content is for software help. The help is included in so the software install, so it's local on the user's machine. Our users frequently may not have an internet connection, so everything (including the PDF) has to be local.
I found this topic here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5801, but I haven't been able to get any of it to work. I've been trying to use a "container" topic, with the PDF embedded inside. It seems like the embed and object tags don't work in IE 11, unless I'm doing something wrong here. When I use the embed tag, I get the black x like it's a bad link. When I use the object tag, I just get a blank page.

Here's the code I've been using. With the embed tag:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html style="margin:0;padding:0; height: 100%">
<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->
	<head>
		<title>PDF Document</title>
	</head>
	<body style="height: 100%;">
		<div style="height: 100%;">
			<embed src="PDF_Document.pdf" width="100%" height="100%"></embed>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>
With the object tag:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html style="margin:0;padding:0; height: 100%">
<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->
	<head>
		<title>PDF Document</title>
	</head>
	<body style="height: 100%;">
		<div style="height: 100%;">
			<object data="PDF_Document.pdf" type="application/pdf" height="100%" width="100%"></object>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>
Of course, everything works fine in Firefox. I even cut Flare out of the picture entirely and just made a basic HTML page, but even that doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? I'm not married to the idea of embedding the PDF content in a topic. If there's a way to get a link to the PDF document to work with Mark of the Web, that would be fine too.