Build Terminated - "Writing search entry cache..."

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Q2TechWriter
Propeller Head

Build Terminated - "Writing search entry cache..."

Post by Q2TechWriter »

Hi, everyone!

FYI: I'm new to the forums, but not to Flare.

I'm trying to build an HTML5 target, and after almost 20 minutes of build time when the Build Progress bar is almost full, the build gets terminated. The last compile status is "Writing seach entry cache...", which lasts about 15 minutes before termination.

The TOC has multiple topics, and when the output is PDF, the document is 241 pages. I'm not sure if that helps; I'm just trying to give information.

Any suggestions? Is there any other information you might need to contribute?
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Build Terminated - "Writing search entry cache..."

Post by Robotman »

Hi Q2TW,

I think it MAY be related to Partial Word Searching.

If you jump into your HTML5 target then open the Performance tab check the settings for Enable Partial Word Searching.

If it's switched on, it may default to a Minimum Word Size of 3. As a first check, untick the setting and then do a build and see if that works. If it does work, switch it back on but maybe start at 5 or 6 characters then progressively decrease the Minimum Word Size.
Last edited by Robotman on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
Q2TechWriter
Propeller Head

Post by Q2TechWriter »

Thanks, Robotman. That did the trick!
likeller
Propeller Head

Post by likeller »

It didn't do the trick for me.

After "Writing search entry cache" and "Generating final output" the build fails, with the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Before I was getting this error message and a failed build at an earlier part of the build with various "Warning" issues. I addressed the "Warnings" until there were none, so now I have nothing to go off of but still the build is failing to complete right at the final step.

Any other ideas, anyone?
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by roboHAL »

likeller , I (and likely other) Flare users have encountered that error before and you can find documentation within the forum, knowledgebase and elsewhere. I can likely save you some troubleshooting time in this regard.

I have found that in general there is no one specific answer. That said, try the following: (no specific order and I assume you are using Flare 10 or 11)

1) After the build fails, opens the log file and observe the line directly before the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. In all likelihood that line will display an offending file.

2) Clean the project:
> Close Flare.
> Browse to the folder with your Flare project using Windows Explorer
> Delete the Analyzer and Output folder(or move the Output folder to a
> different location if you do not want to lose any previously built
> outputs) Browse into your Project folder and delete the "Users" folder
> inside

Hopefully one of those tips will help.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Another of my regular checks if a project fails like this is to confirm that I have the correct version of .NET. Think it's 4.5. That can sometimes get corrupted, so re-install it, and that sometimes helps to fix the problem.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
AlanKearns
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlanKearns »

I've recently started getting this on some of my site builds, but despite the progress bar staying yellow and stating 'Terminated' as others have said above, when I look at the build log (and as far as I can see, the output), it looks like the build completed successfully; there's no obvious 'problem here' rows in it. Do we think it could be a failure to update the progress display, and not an actual build failure?