Exclude Topics from Glossary term conversion

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
matthiasd
Jr. Propeller Head

Exclude Topics from Glossary term conversion

Post by matthiasd »

Hi,

I'm using the glossary feature of Flare 12 with automatic conversion of the first term in each topic.
Now I have some topics that contain sections that should not be converted and should stay as they are.
Is there a possibility to tell flare not to convert individual topics? Or even just sections within these topics?

Best regards
Matthias
charleybrown
Propeller Head

Re: Exclude Topics from Glossary term conversion

Post by charleybrown »

Hi!

I don't know about entire topics, but there is a way to stop sections within topics from picking up the glossary definitions, There is a CSS property called "mc-disable-glossary-terms" that you can find in the Unclassified section. I usually create classes of the <p> or or other styles that have this property set to "true". So whenever there is a paragraph, a list or any other item that should not display the glossary term, I simply apply my style class <p.nogloss> or similar.

I don't know if there is a direct way of applying this to an entire project. You could probably create a class of the <html> style and apply this property, then apply that html class to the entire topic.

Hope this helps!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Rather than creating lots of different classes you could probably create a generic class and apply that to the html or a p or a h or an ol or whatever.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
matthiasd
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by matthiasd »

Thanks for your quick reply! It works!
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

This was exactly what i was looking for, too! Thank you, charleybrown.