Hamburger icon not appearing in HTML5 output ?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mruryk
Propeller Head

Hamburger icon not appearing in HTML5 output ?

Post by mruryk »

Hi, I have an HTML output project where the hamburger icon intermittently disappears from the output. We (client and I) are looking at it in Firefox, and sometimes the icon appears and sometimes it doesn't. I fiddled around and found I could get it to appear if I scrolled to re-size the browser window up and down. (I'm probably not saying it right, but I mean I held down the control key and used the scrolling button on my mouse to make the content on the window appear larger, then smaller.) This has happened to me since I began on the project (I'm not the first person to have worked on it) and the client is unhappy with this (they've never seen this behavior before). They don't want their users to EVER not see the icon - but of course we can't control what size their browser window opens at (can we?).

It seems the icon disappears when the screen is at 80% and reappears as soon as I make it 90% or larger.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
mruryk
Propeller Head

Re: Hamburger icon not appearing in HTML5 output ?

Post by mruryk »

So, Madcap support was, as usual, very helpful. I am updating my own question with an answer, in case anyone is searching for the same issue.

The issue disappears if I make the Tablet Breakpoint 5000 pixels.
This is found in the target editor, Skin tab, in the section labeled Responsive Output Settings (Overrides the Skin).
I also engaged the checkbox for "Use device with media queries."

Since I've made that change, the zoom setting on the browser window doesn't change the behaviour of the hamburger icon; it is always visible.
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Re: Hamburger icon not appearing in HTML5 output ?

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

Thank you, mruryk. Your answer to your own question answered MY question. :wink: :lol: