script error affecting search function within SP output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
shloter
Propeller Head

script error affecting search function within SP output

Post by shloter »

I have an HTML5 output that is published to a SharePoint site for access control. My most recent publications of two of our three outputs are now showing errors in the search function within the database outputs. Curiously the same output publication that is located on my local computer is functioning just fine. I am hoping someone here can help me solve this issue as MadCapFlare support suspects a javascript error with SharePoint and my SharePoint support within my company denies that SP could possibly have anything to do with the errors.

When I try to search for anything on the SP version of the output the search just spins and never produces a result. I have discovered the following error code: Script error for: ../../Data/Filters.js http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror

To my knowledge there is nothing that has changed (that I can affect) in SharePoint or in the Flare project since the last working publication of the search function. I do have this project linked to TFS but TFS is not used for publication purposes so I don't think that has a role here nor has anything changed in that regard since the search last worked.

Any idea what is going on or how it can be fixed?
Thank you for any help you can offer.
dandrus
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: script error affecting search function within SP output

Post by dandrus »

I have a similar problem with HTML output that is hosted via a sharepoint based intranet site.
Nothing changed on the hosting server, sharepoint or in the Flare project itself. The only difference since the search last worked is the Flare version. I upgraded to r2 a couple of weeks ago.
Our internal user docs are not searchable anymore.
Last edited by dandrus on Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shloter
Propeller Head

Post by shloter »

Curiously I am still working in Flare 12. My internal IT was able to find a JavaScript update that had been recently installed and when we removed it the search function works again. Unfortunately that is a temporary fix only since the update will self-install at the next company update.

I did receive a different error (seen a few times at different files in the publishing) which failed the process. Wonder if this is due to the slow upload speeds and project size? Any idea?

Unexpected response from the server. The content type of the response is "text/html; charset=utf-8". The status code if "OK". The file that was attempting upload was a jpg image.
mikey_mack
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mikey_mack »

We've had the same problem, actually. We merge at runtime for multiple projects, and found that any output in the subsystems folder had the same spinning issue when searching. We determined that the master project we used was republished in r2, but all other projects had been built using Flare 12. We republished all Flare projects in r2 and were able to get search to work. Perhaps that will help!