Images regenerating and Antivirus issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Images regenerating and Antivirus issues

Post by Dinnit »

Anyone any thoughts on this? As I build now I'm seeing lots of messages in the Compile Status field flashing up as "Image-----.png" regenerated for ""medium:resources\images\..\..\image---.png"

The regenerate images option is not ticked and as far as I can see the images concerned aren't recent and have a normal .img style without any sizing set.

On a separate issue, in case it's useful (or maybe connected).....We have switched to Webroot for our antivirus and twice now it has stopped builds in their tracks because it is creating huge GBs of log files and using all memory. Throws the dreaded Build failed: Generic error occurred on GDI+ message but this again seems connected to image permissions.

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise - not my choice I have to add. I'd love to get rid of it...
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Images regenerating and Antivirus issues

Post by Nita Beck »

Dinnit wrote:On a separate issue, in case it's useful (or maybe connected).....We have switched to Webroot for our antivirus and twice now it has stopped builds in their tracks because it is creating huge GBs of log files and using all memory. Throws the dreaded Build failed: Generic error occurred on GDI+ message but this again seems connected to image permissions.

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise - not my choice I have to add. I'd love to get rid of it...
I too use Webroot on my Windows 10 machine. First time it ran a scan, it quarantined two MadCap files. Sorry that I don't recall what they were, but suffice it to say that Flare wouldn't even run without those files. Perhaps your build is failing because there's some file that's needed for the build process but Webroot has quarantined it.

HTH.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!