Trouble Scheduling Multiple Batch Targets for one Project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
cfield
Jr. Propeller Head

Trouble Scheduling Multiple Batch Targets for one Project

Post by cfield »

Here's the scenario:

I want to Build & Publish my HTML5 Outputs from a single Project to multiple locations at different times - one on a nightly basis for constant review, and one on a monthly basis to match our release dates. To accomplish this I created two Targets for each product - one for "Nightly" and one for "Release" - and assigned a different Destination to each one.

I then created two Batch Targets - one for Nightly and one for Release (Monthly) - and assigned the appropriate Targets. (See image)

On the Schedule tab I create a new task and configure it to run (in the case of the image displayed) nightly. Save the Batch Target and move on - no problem.

At first I was having an issue where the task for the Monthly Release task was using the same Task Name as the nightly one, but I discovered on a call with MadCap Support that was due to the fact I copied the Nightly Batch Target - DON"T DO THAT! Create a new one from the default template instead. At first this appeared to be fine; however when I go back to the Batch Targets the next day, the tasks are gone:

This happens on both the Nightly and Release Batch Target; however if I open the Windows Task Scheduler, the tasks are still listed. As you can see in the first image, the Build takes place, but something seems to be going sideways on the Publish as nothing ever makes its way to the listed Destination.

NOTE: I have edited the tasks in Task Scheduler so that they run whether I (the "User") is logged in or not and have edited the description as well to help distinguish between them. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

I am going to try to Build/Publish just one Batch Target on a nightly basis and use a batch file to make my Monthly Release file, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience or any other suggestions.
Chris Field
Manager of Product Knowledge Systems
Shoptech Software