Linking Breadcrumbs to a second TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Wendy F
Propeller Head

Linking Breadcrumbs to a second TOC

Post by Wendy F »

Working with Flare 2017 r2.

Is there a way to link the breadcrumbs path to a different TOC other than the master?

Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Linking Breadcrumbs to a second TOC

Post by NorthEast »

Wendy F wrote:Working with Flare 2017 r2.

Is there a way to link the breadcrumbs path to a different TOC other than the master?

Thanks!
I'm afraid not, the breadcrumbs are only displayed if the topic is in the target's TOC (or a TOC within that).

Put in a feature request to MadCap if you'd like to see this - it'd be nice if the breadcrumb proxy worked like the menu proxy.
Wendy F
Propeller Head

Post by Wendy F »

Bummer. Feature request submitted.

Do you think that linking a secondary TOC to the master could be a workaround, or am I really just limited to adding that secondary TOC to the master?

Thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Wendy F wrote:Do you think that linking a secondary TOC to the master could be a workaround, or am I really just limited to adding that secondary TOC to the master?
Erm... that's the same thing, isn't it?

The breadcrumbs will display the path to the topic in the target's TOC.
The target's TOC can also contain other TOCs though, and the breadcrumbs will still work.
Wendy F
Propeller Head

Post by Wendy F »

Sorry, I was trying to make a distinction between linking one TOC to another (via the Properties dialog) vs. copying the contents of the second TOC into the structure of the master TOC. Are those the same thing?