Wrapping requests in MadCap js files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
abowsher
Propeller Head

Wrapping requests in MadCap js files

Post by abowsher »

My question is specific to security but could be used for other purposes.

In our case, I've secured access to the online help for our web application. However, if the user logs out (in a different browser tab than the tab displaying help, for instance), I want to capture any requests back to the server to fetch pages from inside the help content from Flare, so I can provide a popup for the user to login again and then cleanly go to the requested page in the help.

To do this, I have to intercept any call in the MadCap javascript that goes back to the server. This is straightforward for any link clicks, but things like Search can be operated by hitting enter, which then fires a MadCap js function to go back to the server, do the search, and return results. I don't know how many of these types of mechanisms there are for this kind of stuff, so I'm looking for some kind of global solution, a catch-all.

Incidentally we are using the HTML Tri-Pane output which makes use of these MadCap js files.

We do this type of thing in our application because we write/control all the Javascript, and can do so generically for our AJAX calls. I don't think MadCap is using AJAX for everything since it can just change the source of the iframe.

Is there a clean, simple way to catch all requests? Is there a hook that everything runs through in the MadCap js files? If so, where would I modify the file(s) that get copied from to produce the Output?

Thanks!