Remove download icon from video player

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Martin_B
Propeller Head

Remove download icon from video player

Post by Martin_B »

I've noticed, much to my chagrin, that users can download workflow videos and tutorials directly from the video player.

How do I disable this for all videos in the online help?
paintedturtle
Propeller Head

Re: Remove download icon from video player

Post by paintedturtle »

Martin_B wrote:I've noticed, much to my chagrin, that users can download workflow videos and tutorials directly from the video player.

How do I disable this for all videos in the online help?
No help here, but sympathy! The download button appears for my output only sometimes and only in some Browsers ... I haven't figured out anything in my code that creates this button and nothing I can do to avoid it either. :-/
Technical Writer using and experimenting with Flare version 12.0.5991.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

It may be a control provided by the browser. In which browser(s) do you see that?
If it is Chrome then this might help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/396 ... gle-chrome
Martin_B
Propeller Head

Post by Martin_B »

RamonS wrote:It may be a control provided by the browser. In which browser(s) do you see that?
If it is Chrome then this might help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/396 ... gle-chrome
Awesome, thanks RamonS!
seropes
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by seropes »

Per the instructions on the linked StackOverflow page, I've attempted adding controlsList="nodownload" to the object parameters for the multimedia video, but this has not had the desired effect of removing the download button from Chrome. I would be grateful for some instruction around exactly how this should be done. This is what I was attempting:

<object title="video" MadCap:Param_autoplay="false" MadCap:Param_loop="false" src="../Resources/Videos/video.mp4" style="width: 960px;height: 540px;" MadCap:HTML5Video="true" MadCap:Param_controls="true" controlsList="nodownload" MadCap:Param_muted="false">
</object>

Thanks in advance for the assistance!