Word wrap in side menu skin (HTML5)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
LAI_Dave
Jr. Propeller Head

Word wrap in side menu skin (HTML5)

Post by LAI_Dave »

Using Flare 2017 r2 13.2.6355

In the HTML5 Top Navigation, side menu skin, I'm having difficulty getting my side menus to word wrap properly. The root topics wrap fine, but my level one topics won't wrap. I have tried setting word wrap in the Block area of the skin styles, they all look correct (default or normal). Nothing seems to help.

I have been building after each change and then viewing from View Primary in Project tab. I have not tried uploading to see if that looks different. Does not seem to matter which browser i use. I use Chrome as default.

Anybody seen this before? I built another project this way and it works fine!
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Word wrap in side menu skin (HTML5)

Post by cdschroeder »

I'm pretty sure that the MadCap default skin breaks lengthy titles by default (at least, it does in 2017 - I'm not on R2). Have you tried creating a new skin and seeing if that fixes it? If it does, then migrate your previous settings over a few at a time and see what breaks it. If it doesn't, the issue is probably something in your stylesheet. But without more information it's difficult to say exactly what.

I will mention that I did encounter this issue in cases where the page title was a lengthy batch command title (no spaces/commas), and thus had no good places to break/wrap. I solved that by adding the following selector to my main stylesheet. But sentence-style titles should wrap normally by default.

Code: Select all

ul.menu._Skins_SideMenu.mc-component
{
       max-width: 250px;
       word-wrap: break-word;
}
Casey

LAI_Dave
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by LAI_Dave »

Ah Ha! In the Setup tab of the side menu skin i had "Fixed Menu" set to Web. I changed it to None and the problem went away! Thanks for your advice, it was a solid approach but i didn't need to go there. :D
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

LAI_Dave wrote:Ah Ha! In the Setup tab of the side menu skin i had "Fixed Menu" set to Web. I changed it to None and the problem went away! Thanks for your advice, it was a solid approach but i didn't need to go there. :D
Awesome! Glad you figured it out. :)
Casey