Er... where are the toolbar button styles?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Zerozeddy
Propeller Head

Er... where are the toolbar button styles?

Post by Zerozeddy »

This is making feel a bit stupid, but... when I edit my HTML5 top navigation skin, I have what I fear is a limited number of options in the Styles tab.
  • Global
    Header
    Menu
    Search results
Shouldn't there be a Toolbar option in there? It's certainly what the Help hints at.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Er... where are the toolbar button styles?

Post by Nita Beck »

There is a skin specifically for the topic toolbar, at least for Top Nav output. (I'm going on memory.) That will allow you to set up the topic toolbar; be sure also to include a toolbar proxy on your master page. (Sorry so brief; I hope this at least points you in the right direction.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You want to look at "skin components", which let you add toolbars, menus, search bar and search results.

Use the topic toolbar skin component - it's all in the help, try:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... _Skins.htm
Zerozeddy
Propeller Head

Post by Zerozeddy »

That help procedure grinds to a halt for me at step one.

"Open an HTML5 Topic Toolbar skin component."

I'm not sure how you do that, but I am assuming it means Target > Skin > Component Default Skins.

None of those components (Menu, toolbar, search, favicon etc) can be edited. Drop-down list contains only (default), "Edit" button not enabled.
Zerozeddy
Propeller Head

Post by Zerozeddy »

Dave Lee wrote:...
Use the topic toolbar skin component - it's all in the help, try:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... _Skins.htm
Looking at the image in that help topic, shouldn't there be options for Home, Back, Forward, Quick search, Add to faves etc?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

First, have you added a topic toolbar component skin to your project? If not, in the Project Organizer, right-click the Skins folder and select HTML5 Component - Topic Toolbar. On the Setup tab, select this buttons you want to include on the toolbar. On the Styles tab (the one that's illustrated in the link Dave gave you above), you can style the buttons as you want. Typically, I just use the default styles. But, say you wanted to use a custom image for a button, you'd change the image in that button's Background property. Finally, if you want to change a button's default tooltip, you can do so on the UI Text tab. Say you don't like "Navigate next" for the "Next Topic" button; you can change it to something like "Next topic" or "Go to next topic".

Next, edit your HTML5 target's Skin settings to associate it with the topic toolbar.

Finally, put a topic toolbar proxy on the master page you use (typically for all topic except the home page).
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!