Problem using a script in Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
RickD
Propeller Head

Problem using a script in Flare

Post by RickD »

Hello,

I'm using Flare 2017r2 for a top navigation project, and I'm having a problem adding a script to the "OtherTopics" master page.

I have a "Did you find this helpful? thumbs up/down" to the bottom of each topic. Got this from this awesome post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20563

I have added a script to stop the "Did you find this helpful?" from appearing on the search page, and the script to do this includes the line ((window.location.href).indexOf('Search.htm') > 0 )

This script stoped the "Did you find this helpful?" feature from working, and the reason turned out to be that Flare was converting ">" to "@gt"

Our developer thinks Flare parses the whole document as HTML and sees > as a closing tag and changes it to >

I know Flare supports javascript and i assume that means it should be able to use > (greater than).

I am entering the script directly into the XML editor rather than the insert script option but i believe it should not make a difference.

Thanks for any advice
Rick
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem using a script in Flare

Post by NorthEast »

RickD wrote:I am entering the script directly into the XML editor rather than the insert script option but i believe it should not make a difference.
It does make a difference; using insert > script would have worked (it includes CDATA tags).

I handle this by putting the feedback control inside a snippet, and I only include the snippet on the master pages where I want it to appear.
So you could have a master page for the search topic (the topic that contains the search results proxy), and not include the feedback control in that master page.
RickD
Propeller Head

Re: Problem using a script in Flare

Post by RickD »

That's a great idea!

As always - many thanks Dave

:-)