HTML5 Field-Level CSH

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
agambina
Propeller Head

HTML5 Field-Level CSH

Post by agambina »

Hello,

I cannot wait to get my propellers. Running Flare 12 r2. From what I have read, I am setting up field-level help with one topic per pop-up. This one topic will map to a point in the UI via header file ID. This venture also involves the following:

Master Page with Topic Body Proxy
TOC for Field-Level files
Stylesheet with popup style
HTML5 Target (skinless)

I realize the Skin ID and topic ID are part of the CSH Call, however the 'Startup Topic' option in the Skin configuration is making me pause. Does it matter what I put here? I'm concerned this will mess with my output. I tried to find this information in the manuals for CSH.

Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML5 Field-Level CSH

Post by NorthEast »

The CSH link only needs to include the identifier/ID that you have set in the alias file.
The SkinID is only required if you want to display a different skin to the skin used by the output.

The Startup topic is a target (not skin) setting, and it just sets the default topic when you open the help (not using CSH); but if you open the help via CSH it'll display the correct topic.

The help is opened in a browser, so I'm not sure how you plan to display it as a "pop-up" window.
agambina
Propeller Head

Re: HTML5 Field-Level CSH

Post by agambina »

Hi Dave Lee,

Thank you for your prompt reply. In reading the user guide, I didn't realize the Skin ID was an option. When auto-built the Alias file, the Skin column populated. My interpretation was that the Target had to have a skin. I held my breath and had Startup Topic --> Default in my Target and Skin --> None and Advanced tab referenced the Alias file. No impact at all, my topic came right up with none of the UI features. And you're right . . I did a test this morning . . no impact at all. :lol: