Adding extra functionality to HTML5 top nav output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
JHine
Jr. Propeller Head

Adding extra functionality to HTML5 top nav output

Post by JHine »

We are in the process of designing a completely new HTML5 top navigation online help, and I have used one of Flare's new templates - responsive gradient panel layout.

I have been asked by stakeholders whether it is possible to include the following:
* Automatically display on the home page the top visited pages (a number has not yet been decided on)
* Smarter search functionality (i.e. not just entering key words), e.g. auto-complete searches

Does anyone have any ideas on how we might be able to incorporate these into our help?
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Re: Adding extra functionality to HTML5 top nav output

Post by JRtechw »

Hi JHine,

As far as I'm aware, neither of those options can be implemented out of the box.

1. You'll need to obtain page visit data from Pulse, Azure Analytics, Google Analytics, or whatever analysis tool is available on your web server's platform and use this data as input into your 'top five' page list. Shouldn't be too hard to inject it into a div somewhere on the landing page.

2. Again, you'd have to buy or develop a whole new back-end search engine and attach it to the Search proxy. Or create your own Search bar as well.

Some of these may be available in other MadCap products that integrate with Flare.
JHine
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Adding extra functionality to HTML5 top nav output

Post by JHine »

Thanks JRtechw.

It's as I had expected ... nothing out of the box.