updated method for adding Home button to Top Nav toolbar

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

updated method for adding Home button to Top Nav toolbar

Post by ktbCA57 »

Hi,

I figured out how to customize the existing buttons... and I even managed to add the HOME button itself... when I build, it acts like it's a link (with the pointing finger), but it goes nowhere.

I've tried dropping and dragging the home page link into the "Event" field...

I see that there were discussions 2 or more years ago about jquery, but I have NO idea how to relate that to what i'm doing... as i'm not query-minded in that way... can someone give me a very straightforward way to make the home button actually TO to the home? I know that the "logo" is already set to go to the home page, but we want that to go to our LMS or corp website... I want just a regular Home button.

HELP!

THANKS!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: updated method for adding Home button to Top Nav toolbar

Post by NorthEast »

The button event needs to be javascript, so you need something like this:

Code: Select all

document.location.href = "http://www.madcapsoftware.com/"; 
As for the logo, you can set the Logo Url on the skin Setup tab.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: updated method for adding Home button to Top Nav toolbar

Post by ktbCA57 »

Thanks, David! I managed to get the logo changed over to our website url...

However, it has come to my attention (i guess i'm just way too old school) - that the newest thing IS for the logo to take you back to the home page of whatever app you are using... so i'm going to go back and leave it the way it's set as the default.. and no home button... so problem solved... thanks for your help thus far tho!

Happy holidays!