Starting with JavaScript and JQuery

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
sitapatel
Propeller Head

Starting with JavaScript and JQuery

Post by sitapatel »

Hi,

I realise that this is a wide area when it comes online output but, I was wondering about the type of things I could do with JavaScript and JQuery in Flare?

Are there any good examples?

I may be limited by my imagination though any information/tutorials would be greatly appreciated!
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Starting with JavaScript and JQuery

Post by devjoe »

One thing you can do with Javascript, in HTML5 tripane output, is to modify elements in the skin (which is basically everything outside the topic frame). Many colors and sizes and such are configurable through options in the skin, but if you want to configure things beyond that, your only real option is to insert stuff via the "custom Javascript to insert into the toolbar" option in the skin. Most commonly, people insert a reference to an extra CSS file here and then write all the CSS they want (affecting skin elements, rather than topic elements).

HTML5 topnav does not have this issue, since everything gets baked into each topic file, but this brings with it a whole host of other issues and limitations, especially if you are trying to make a large project.
sitapatel
Propeller Head

Re: Starting with JavaScript and JQuery

Post by sitapatel »

Thank you so much. I have a lot of work to do on the main content so that should give me time to explore the JavaScript and JQuery :)