serving html5 help in Apache web server

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
rkotraba
Jr. Propeller Head

serving html5 help in Apache web server

Post by rkotraba »

I am currently evaluating Flare. For HTML5 output, are there special requirements for setting up Apache as the Web server? (My company would prefer to use Apache vs. IIS) Have others had success with this? I did a quick search of the forum--it seems it is possible and that other authors are doing this. Is it just setting up the Web server as a publishing destination and then the required files are copied over? IIS is only required for the special server-side functionality, correct?
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: serving html5 help in Apache web server

Post by trent the thief »

No special requirements I've ever run into. If you're running on *nix you might want to check the owner/group, but there's nothing significant for Apache.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
rkotraba
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rkotraba »

Great--thanks for the response!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

The only other thing is I think Apache by default is more strict with counting upper and lowercase as different characters. This can cause issues with hyperlinks.

So I would make a writing rule that all file names are lowercase. (It might even be a setting in Flare? But I would beware of any output setting, as that will change the file names on generate, which I think used to not necessarily change the hyperlink capitalisation (which might also not be a problem any more?). As always, test carefully. :) )
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

The lower-case only setting is under Target > Advanced. True, the letter casing in URLs is an issue on *nix machines, but unless you're hand-coding your links that isn't a worry. I've served help from both and prefer Apache. I'm a FOSS fan.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: