Printing topic in Chrome has a grey background

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Printing topic in Chrome has a grey background

Post by Dinnit »

Users are finding that printing pages in Chrome gives a grey background. Print medium has no background setting on body or html.

I've got the same happening on Chrome but not in Firefox or IE. I've tried setting the print medium to none as well as adding !important but cannot clear the print background colour. Changing the printer settings between black and white/colour has no effect.

Does anybody have the same issue or any ideas?
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Printing topic in Chrome has a grey background

Post by devjoe »

Do you have a gray background in the default medium or in some other element?

I just printed a topic from one of my projects from Chrome (latest, 63.0.3239.132 64-bit) and it did not print with a gray background.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

I have some background-color settings but none of them will affect this. Having used the Inspect option the grey background seems to be caused by a plugin Chrome is using to produce the print output. The body background colour is set there so I don't see how I can do anything about it.

Dev tools also shows this info: [Deprecation] Styling master document from stylesheets defined in HTML Imports is deprecated, and is planned to be removed in M65, around March 2018. Please refer to https://goo.gl/EGXzpw for possible migration paths.

- but I'm not technical enough to be able to figure out whether this will make a difference. Seems to be related to the new browser engine Chrome has been developing instead of Webkit.

Does anyone else see this grey background (or gray!)?
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

Having reported this to Madcap it appears that this is a bug introduced in Chrome v61 which they are working on. I have been given a workaround if anyone else is seeing the issue and wants to message me.
Ann
Windows 10 Enterprise