Fuzzy Images in HTML5 Output on Android Tablet

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
AHaisley
Jr. Propeller Head

Fuzzy Images in HTML5 Output on Android Tablet

Post by AHaisley »

I am creating HTML5 Help for an Android application, meant to be viewed exclusively on a specific Android tablet. The tablet's resolution is 1920x1200 with 240 dpi.

If I resize the images (.png) at all, either using a graphics program or just in the Flare interface, the images are fuzzy when I view the HTML5 output on the Android tablet. They look okay when I preview the output on my PC.

Unfortunately, I HAVE to resize the screenshots because even though I'm taking the screenshots, and then displaying them within the HTML5 output, all on the same Android tablet, the screenshots are huge, too huge to be at all useful.

I have SnagIt, PhotoShop, and Illustrator and have tried resaving the images at the same dpi as the tablet as well as exporting at different xhdpi settings. Nothing I've tried so far has given me crisp images on the Android screen unless I do not resize, in which case a screenshot is roughly 4x the size of the display screen.

I must be missing something...can anyone help?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Fuzzy Images in HTML5 Output on Android Tablet

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

It's not exclusively a problem with your output, I have similar problems with PDFs, and large screens that need to be resized.

I really hope someone will be able to suggest an approach that works.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
AHaisley
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Fuzzy Images in HTML5 Output on Android Tablet

Post by AHaisley »

My screenshots actually look better when output to PDF and viewed on my Android tablet than they do in the HTML5 output viewed on the same tablet.

Also, I'm using a node web server to host the HTML5 page on my PC, and then connecting via the IP address to view the Help on my Android tablet. Maybe the web server is doing something to the images?