How to get topic toolbar in search results page...

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Zerozeddy
Propeller Head

How to get topic toolbar in search results page...

Post by Zerozeddy »

I'm a bit confused here. I've created a topic which contains the Search Results Proxy, and in the default master page I have a Topic Toolbar Proxy that includes Home, Back and Forward buttons and so on. But when I view the output and enter a search string, in the results there is no toolbar (even though all other elements of the master page are there). Obviously if someone has done a search and decided the results are not what they wanted they might either want to go back to what they were previously looking at, or indeed just return to the home page and do something else.

This seems so basic I am convinced I'm missing something. What is it?
Last edited by Zerozeddy on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerozeddy
Propeller Head

Re: How to get topic toolbar in search results page...

Post by Zerozeddy »

If anyone is interesting, the only way I could get any sort of "Home" button in was to create a variable "Homepage_location" and in the Target give it a value of

Code: Select all

<a href="z_Resources/MasterPages/HOME.htm" ><span title="Home" style="font-family: 'Wingdings 3';font-size: 18pt;">R</span></a>
(I wanted to use the proper Home image ResponsiveHome.png in the href but it didn't work.)

Then in the HTML5_results skin, give the UI Text > Search Heading option a value of

Code: Select all

[%=Variables.Homepage_location%]  |  Your search for {query} returned {total_results} result(s).
Painful. But it will have to do.