Context Sensitive Help for HTML 5

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jbullock
Jr. Propeller Head

Context Sensitive Help for HTML 5

Post by jbullock »

I'm currently dabbling in implementing CSH for the product I document for but myself and the tame developer I'm working with are encountering some issues that I'm hoping someone will be able to help with.

So far, I've created an alias file and a header and the former has been passed onto him. He's then put the required cshid for the help button to open that page of the help, but it always opens up to the homepage. The URL includes the correct cshid, it just isn't going to the page. I've tried using the CSH testing functionality in Flare and it works there, just not out in the field.

Anyone got any thoughts on what we might be doing wrong?
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Context Sensitive Help for HTML 5

Post by roboHAL »

Your description reads like you've done thing correctly and that your developer may not have. When you write "it always opens up to the homepage" I take that to mean the **startup topic** as defined in the target editor. If that isn't the case then something else is amiss.

Have a look at the alias editor and make sure the header file listed for each row is in fact the header file (.h extension) you provided your developer. I'm at a loss as to what else to suggest.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Have you selected the alias file in your Target settings?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

jbullock wrote:I've tried using the CSH testing functionality in Flare and it works there, just not out in the field.
Where is "in the field"?
If your help is on a server, what happens when you manually enter a URL with a CSH ID?
- If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the help you've published to the server.
- If that works, then the problem is how the developer is calling the URL.