Add Custom Headers and Footers

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
crazycracka
Propeller Head

Add Custom Headers and Footers

Post by crazycracka »

Hi,

I am working on an HTML5 output with no predefined skin (selected none for skins).

I want to add a custom header and footer to the MasterPage so when the HTML5 site is published, the header and footers are already there.

I dont see any proxies to do this. Is there a way to add the HTML of the header and footers I want to the masterpage?

Thanks in advance
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Add Custom Headers and Footers

Post by AlexFox »

Just write them as html in the masterpage, as long as your bodyProxy is in the right place, it'll all work!
crazycracka
Propeller Head

Post by crazycracka »

Thanks.

I tried this with basic HTML and it worked as you said, but when my developer gave me HTML from our site, I got an invalid document error.

I suppose all the classes defined in the header and footer must be defined in my styles and not included in external style files that would be added after the HTML5 site is published?
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

No, you don't need to define a class for it to be declared. Your problem is likely that Flare is looking for a closing '/' in some elements. For example:

Code: Select all

<link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
is acceptable HTML but flare insists on the following:

Code: Select all

<link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
This is just HTML compatible XHTML and self-closing syntax tags.
crazycracka
Propeller Head

Post by crazycracka »

This is going to sound lame, but you were basically right, it was the / missing from <br> tags > <br />

Thanks for your help.