Favicon Skin Editor is Blank

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
pcalnan
Propeller Head

Favicon Skin Editor is Blank

Post by pcalnan »

I've never tried the new Favicon Skin component but... I think my template might be flawed or broken. After creating the new HTML5 Component - Favicons skin, it opens in the editor and... nothing... I mean, absolutely nothing...
FaviconBug1.png
I open it in the text editor and... I don't know, it looks like it doesn't have much...
FaviconBug2.png
I'm pretty sure that there's something missing because the documentation talks about Master Favicon fields and Browser settings and...

Any feedback gratefully appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Calnan
Shopify
http://www.shopify.com
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: Favicon Skin Editor is Blank

Post by DaveMags »

Hi Patrick - did you ever figure out what was going on with this? I am having the identical issue, where the Favicon skin editor is blank. It kind of acts buggy, like a "not responding" window.
cledbetter
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cledbetter »

Try these steps and see if that resolves the issue.
Clean your project

> Close Flare
> Browse to the folder with your Flare project using Windows Explorer
> Delete the Analyzer and Output folder (or move the Output folder to a different location if you do not want to lose any previously built outputs)
> Browse into your Project folder and delete the "Users" folder inside
> Re-open Flare and your project
> Check to see if you are still experiencing the issue

Let's clean the CatapultMdiEditor:

If you have any UI Layouts you wish to save, go into the CatapultMdiEditor folder and please save the layouts to a different location.

1. Go to C:\Users\[Your User]\Appdata (make sure hidden files and folders are turned on)\Roaming\MadCap Software\Flare
The folder should be within the Flare directory.
2. Delete the CatapultMdiEditor folder.
3. Restart Flare and try again.
djohnson
Propeller Head

Post by djohnson »

I did a rebrand a couple of months ago, including my Favicon skin, and it was working fine. Today I went to double-check that I had the correct icon, and the blank skin editor appeared. The XML looks correct (there is graphic data and components set to be in place). I created a new Favicon skin, and got the blank content described by pcalnan. None of cledbetter's options helped.

I created a brand new project and added a new Favicon skin. The editor presented fine. When I re-opened my existing project, the existing favicon skin presented correctly as well. Go figure.

Either one of cledbetter's options took a while to "sink in" (I never trust technology enough to think it's going to work immediately on my schedule), or creating the new project did something that cleared up the issue. Or maybe something else happened.

At any rate, try creating a brand new project (I chose Side Nav only), add a new Favicon skin, open the new skin, and if the editor presents correctly, close the new project and open your original and see if it is working correctly.

Good luck!
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]