Full-Size Image from Thumbnail Not Displaying

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Evetsm
Propeller Head

Full-Size Image from Thumbnail Not Displaying

Post by Evetsm »

I'm using thumbnail images in my web output; the idea being that if you click a thumbnail, a larger image pops up. However, not all popups are working correctly. Some thumbnails when clicked result in this:
popup-issue.PNG
I looked at my browser's console and each click on a faulty thumbnail produces a 404 (not found). But I've also look at the server's file system and the images are all in the necessary folder.

I've also compared file names for successful and unsuccessful popups but I can't find any pattern.

Before I publish, I test the generated output on my laptop and all popups work the way they are supposed to.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

Thanks!
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Full-Size Image from Thumbnail Not Displaying

Post by Psider »

Is the webserver a linux server rather than windows? If so, it might be a capitalisation issue.

On linux the following are usually considered two different files, whereas Windows considers them the same.

http://MyImage.png
http://myimage.png

I think there is a server setting that can be changed to make linux (apache) case-insensitive, but I think some server admins are reluctant to do it, I don't why.

Anyway, something to check.
Evetsm
Propeller Head

Re: Full-Size Image from Thumbnail Not Displaying [Solved]

Post by Evetsm »

Thanks, Psider! Yes, the server is linux and it is indeed a capitalization issue.

For the benefit of others:

I was using a screen capture tool that saves png images as <image name>.PNG instead of <image name>.png.
In my Topic I referred to <image name>.PNG because that was the correct capitalization.

It appears that when Flare generates output, it converts 'PNG' to 'png', but my topic still referenced 'PNG'. No problem on Windows; I had generated HTML output on my local windows machine and tested each popup. Appparently because Windows is lax on capitalization, the browser displayed the larger image.

But then I published to the server which is not lax. When the click requested <image name>.PNG, the server literally lookd for PNG and of course did not find it becuase the image was 'png'.

So I changed both file names and references to use 'png' instead of 'PNG'.

Steve