Javascript conflict between Flare search and hypothes.is

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TechOnTheBrain
Propeller Head

Javascript conflict between Flare search and hypothes.is

Post by TechOnTheBrain »

I know little about Javascript, but I'm pretty sure that the problem I am having is down to a Javascript conflict. I am hoping someone can detail specific steps to resolve the problem.

The problem is that I am trying to use the hypothes.is annotation service with my HTML5 TopNav output, but it breaks the native Flare search feature in the output.

I added this code to my Master Page to call hypothesis:

Code: Select all

<script src="https://hypothes.is/embed.js" async=""></script>
(More detail at https://web.hypothes.is/help/embedding- ... platforms/)

The hypothes.is side of things seems to work - the annotation buttons and login and whatnot appear as expected shortly after I launch the TopNav output.

But on the Flare side, Search no longer works- it won't find any results as long as the output contains the above code.

I've read about 'no conflict mode' in Javascript but have no idea how to use it since the examples are all based around Javascript code you want to run, not around calling an external service. Trial and error has not yielded results.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this so that I can have TopNav outputs and hypothes.is play nicely together? Any help much appreciated, I think this annotation tool could be really useful but loss of search is too high a cost to pay!
Eric Weston
TechOnTheBrain
Propeller Head

Re: Javascript conflict between Flare search and hypothes.is

Post by TechOnTheBrain »

Anyone? I would love to get hypothes.is working with TopNav and I have a feeling that this is not an insurmountable problem. Can someone with more knowledge in this area confirm or deny, and Ideally post the required steps/code?
Eric Weston