HTML5 Tripane to Side nav skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
DaeguKat
Jr. Propeller Head

HTML5 Tripane to Side nav skin

Post by DaeguKat »

Hi,

I have been working with the HTML 5 Tripane skin for all my HTML 5 targets. Just upgraded to 2018 and am trying to use the new side nav skin. I've associated the skin with my target, but when I build, all content (topics and nav menu) show up inside the side panel, where the TOC should be.

If i click a link in the TOC, that topic opens squished inside that pane. The main 'topic container' stays empty. Not sure what i'm missing here.(pic attached)

I went through the online help for the side nav skin, and believe i've done everything necessary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML5 Tripane to Side nav skin

Post by doc_guy »

Clear your cache and clean your target to make sure there aren't any vestiges of the old settings in your output folders. I was able to switch a tri-pane output to the side nav without any issues, which doesn't help you much, I know.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by BedfordWriter »

Goodbye TopNav and hello SideNav for me. I like this a LOT better.

I did have to spend an hour fiddling with it though. I built a sample project with MadCap's default SideNav as the output and started comparing that to my own. Very quickly discovered that I needed to add a few bits and pieces from the sample project to my own before I could make much headway. The most important was to grab their master page, rename it, then edit to my own tastes.
DaeguKat
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DaeguKat »

Thanks all - i did have to go through the template project closely. I had to switch style sheets - not sure yet which styles are different, but when i used the template project's style sheet all my content displayed correctly.