Exporting and Importing Web Projects

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
crazycracka
Propeller Head

Exporting and Importing Web Projects

Post by crazycracka »

Hello,

Im looking for a best practice for creating new versions of web contact for each version of our software.

For example, in Jan, I have version 1.0, this is my base project. In June I have version 2.

I would like to have two projects for this.

What is the best way to do this?

I tried exporting and then importing but it didnt work well. Then I exported as a Zip. When I opened it as a zip, I see all the pages are linked. So, I have a popup everytime I try to save a page.

Im doing something wrong here, what is it?

Thanks in advance.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Exporting and Importing Web Projects

Post by devans »

I just tried creating a new project based on an existing project (File | New Project then select your existing project) and it copies all the content over. Just give it a new name.
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Re: Exporting and Importing Web Projects

Post by bunnycat »

Two other easy methods if the export/import functionality isn't working well:

1. In your filesystem, just copy the existing Flare project directory (with its flprj file and its Content and Project directories too) to a different directory. Flare is pretty forgiving when you move around the entire directory.
2. If you use a source control app, you can use its Branching feature to branch version 1 to version for you (essentially copy/pastes to a new location).