Page not found

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Page not found

Postby ajturnersurrey on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:30 am

There is one page in my topnav output which is "not found" in my most recent build.

I have checked that it does really exist - the topic has been published to the right place rather than accidentally deleted.

I do have "Synchronize navigation elements with TOC entries" switched on, so it is following an ugly path:
http://.................../Active%20Dir ... e%7C_____8
could this have anything to do with the problem?

Where do I find out where the ugly path is really pointing? I am guessing there must be a 'conversion table' somewhere.
Any suggestions about where to look, before I try reverting to 2017r3 again?
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 am

Re: Page not found

Postby Psider on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Just ignore everything from "?tocpath" onwards, and that should be the location of the topic. But it might depend on the output you're using - tripane is a little different, for example.
Psider
Sr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Page not found

Postby ajturnersurrey on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:19 am

I have made the page return by removing the item from the TOC and adding it again, then rebuilding the target ...
but no idea why it was not properly connected last time, so unsure whether or when the glitch might return.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 am

Re: Page not found

Postby Psider on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Maybe the link path got broken somehow, and removing the toc entry and adding it back correct the path.

Moving or renaming files and folders outside Flare could cause this (Flare is good in that it will still show you all the files in the project folder and sub-folders, but it can't automagically correct links. :) ) Or maybe for some reason the link was an absolute path and the location of the project changed (c:\help\my_project to c:\manuals\my_project for example); that would mean most links would be fine because they were relative, but any absolute ones would be broken.

Oh and you could run a report to check for broken links, just to see if there are any other oddities.
Psider
Sr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 am


Return to Web-based Outputs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests