Case-Sensitive Matches in Search Results

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
M_Mercer2015
Propeller Head

Case-Sensitive Matches in Search Results

Post by M_Mercer2015 »

Hello! When searching for some words in my HTML5 output, the search results are case-sensitive despite Flare help stating: Case-insensitive Matches Search is not case-sensitive. For example, a search for the word "run" will find matches for "Run" and "run."

For example, when you search for any of the terms below in lower case you get no results. When you search with upper case you get results.
  • late
    near
    non
Has anyone else experienced this?
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Case-Sensitive Matches in Search Results

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Weird but true!

I searched for "near" in my output and got 0 matches.
Searched for "NEAR" and got 8 matches (none of them uppercase - so I guess that is sort of case-insensitive!)

Up to now I had only tested output for keywords relevant to our products - with satisfactory results.
I do have a synonyms file to pick up some equivalent terms, which is a relatively new introduction from MadCap. Do you?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Sounds like a bug, to my ears. Might be worth reporting, see the footer in my signature for a link.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

'near' and 'non' might be running into trouble with the stopwords list? (Which I don't think is editable in Flare) I don't think the stopwords would affect 'late' though.