Topic Toolbar in Top Nav Project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
STANDINGSTONE
Jr. Propeller Head

Topic Toolbar in Top Nav Project

Post by STANDINGSTONE »

I am not able to figure out how to insert a topic toolbar - to appear at the top of each topic in the output. My project is HTML5 - Top Navigation. I would like to see each topic display a Print and Previous Topic option. I have tried using Skins and Master Pages and have not been able to figure out how to do this.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Topic Toolbar in Top Nav Project

Post by wclass »

We created a TopicToolbar skin.
Added a Toolbar proxy to our master page.
Also updated the target - on the Skins tab, we selected to topic toolbar skin there as well.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
thawkins
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by thawkins »

How did you add a toolbar proxy to your master page? When i try to insert it from Insert > Proxy > Insert Topis Toolbar Proxy, it is inactive so not possible to select.
I have added a Toolbar skin but unable to make the toolbar display.
thawkins
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by thawkins »

Ok just solved adding the topic toolbar. Inserted <MadCap:topicToolbarProxy /> into the master page. The insert proxy feature doesn't seem to work.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Unfortunately I can't duplicate your error. I can always access the topic toolbar proxy from a master page. I tried changing the primary target, but it was always available for me.
I added a master page from the factory settings and it comes with a topic toolbar already added - have you tried that?
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
thawkins
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by thawkins »

My mistake, I was in the code view (text editor) when i was attempting to insert the proxy. You need to be in XML editor to use this.