Side Nav: Long TOC items run into toggle icon

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Side Nav: Long TOC items run into toggle icon

Post by whunter »

I've noticed that long items in the side navigation TOC sometimes run into the toggle icon. For example:
temp.png
This particular example is not ideal, but I could live with it. However, sometimes the text actually runs into (under) the toggle which looks bad and obscures some of the text.

It seemed to me like the toggle needed some padding around it, but that is really not the solution (just makes the toggle expand into the padding area). I'm not sure what if anything I can do here, so I'm looking for help if anyone has any ideas. I do plan to go through my TOC and shorten titles where I can, but in some cases I think this will be unavoidable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Side Nav: Long TOC items run into toggle icon

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

in Navigation Skin you may find styles for Side Navigation Menu with seperate styles for level 1 ... level 4. I would reduce left margin and / or enlarge size for side menu.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Side Nav: Long TOC items run into toggle icon

Post by whunter »

I ended up submitting the issue to MadCap Support and it appears to be due to assigning an alternate skin to an alias. This is causing some styles from the alternate skin to affect the regular output. If I remove the skin assignment from the alias, it works fine. Awaiting a resolution (which will probably involve adding some styles to my stylesheet to keep the other styles from getting overridden). This is the 2nd issue I've had with the alias / alternate skin feature, which I just started trying to use to meet a new requirement.