Renaming topics in small way glitch for top nav

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Renaming topics in small way glitch for top nav

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I have a top nav target which is close to release, so I have been making just one or two tiny tweaks before rebuilding the target.
Doing this I have noticed that Flare is happy for you to alter a topic name in a tiny way, such as change capitalisation, remove a hyphen or a stray space from the topic name.
It identifies the TOCs and browse sequences pointing to the topic and updates them correctly.
The target builds without errors.

So far so good...

But if you try to navigate through the menus in the resulting help to those topics you get '404 not found' failures. If you look at the link, it is trying to go to the old topic name. Tweak it to the new version by removing the hyphen or space or similar and it works, the file is there but the link it expects to find it on is wrong....
So something in the build of top nav help is not noticing the updated topic name, but not raising an issue during the build.

If you change the topic name more significantly, say by altering a whole word, no problems... So this has been my slightly infuriating work around.

Anyone else seen this and have an alternative work around?